Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter Everybunny!!

I can't believe it is Easter already! Seems like the school year just started (I sub) and now we are at Easter break. It's been eleven months since our train trip to the northeast for our 30th anniversary?? We are approaching 31??? How can that be? How can time, which drags so slowly when it's just a yucky or ordinary day, be so devious as to slip by so quickly. Must happen in your sleep...but then again, I don't really sleep that well or that much so....??

What has been happening in my life? Maybe if I can catalog some things that have happened in the last year I will realize that time isn't really dashing by...it's just being filled up. Let's see...

June: Trenton's birthday. That was significant. Okay, well, that's June.

July: July 4th. We had a pool and game party at the house. Oh yeah, that started the marathon garage sales every week for four weeks at my dad's house. Thought that would never end. Fourteen to sixteen hour days Friday, Saturday and Sunday for three weeks in weather that was just ridiculously hot. Had to put up a canopy to stay out of the sun and keep a fan blowing on us to keep from overheating. That's also the time in which Kristin and her family decided to share their virus with us and I ended up tossing my cookies all over the restroom in my dad's attorney's office. Fun.

August: Daddy moved his trailer in and began living with us. School started.

September: Daddy in the hospital. Ronnie, Richard, and Ryan had a birthday and we had a party at the house. I worked nearly every day. A blur.

October: Ronnie was in the midst of football season and I worked nearly every day. Daddy was in the hospital for a broken arm he earned during a drunken fall in his trailer. I was in training for "the walk." I also worked nearly every day.

November: I walked in the Breast Cancer 60 mile three day walk event and broke my foot. Daddy was in rehab. Thanksgiving came and went. I missed Carter's birthday party because of the walk.::sad face:: My walking came to an abrupt end...hard to do on crutches and in a fracture boot. But I kept working.

December: A blur because of Christmas, decorating, shopping, cooking, working, etc.

January: Scott's birthday. Can't think of much else...Oh, yea. I worked every day.

February: Valentine's "no big deal" day. Didn't get each other anything. Kept Carter for six days because Trenton was very sick with strep among other things. It snowed...boy did it snow. Made snow ice cream for the first time in ___ years. Can't remember how long. Met with my girlfriends for a long weekend. Hadn't seen them in three years. Worked every day except the snow holidays.

March: Spring Break. I broke out the annual bout with poison ivy. It's tradition apparently. Got together with the girlfriends again. This time I hosted it. Continued to work almost full time at Quest. Battling still with the broken foot which has not healed and now taking "drugs" for the poison ivy. NOT taking allergy shots because of the poison ivy. Can't breathe. Kristin's birthday which we still haven't celebrated with her because we gave Scott and Kristin their gifts (money toward a new kitchen floor) in February...halfway between their respective big days.

April: Here we are in April. I continue to work every available work day. I am still battling the gimpy foot. And,::insert dramatic pause music::, I have begun taking a steriod dose pack. The PI isn't going away...chills and then reasserts itself. Seems I am one of those lucky few that it gets in my blood stream. As long as it is suppressed it seems that it's getting better, but when the meds taper off the PI comes screaming back at me. Along with that is the ridiculous hunger where I would eat wallpaper if I could get it off the wall, I tackle ambitious projects like the bunny cake below (usually in the middle of the night because I can't sleep), and I spend a buttload of money! Yep, it's that time of year again. Well, I have a t-shirt that needs to be painted and a painting (a suprise for Ryan's and Richard's home unless they read it on the blog first) that I have to get started on. Then there is the top of the cedar chest that needs to be sanded and revarnished and then my BIL's child-sized rolltop desk that I am stripping and refinishing. Gotta get those things out of the middle of the garage floor so that I can park my car in there again. After all, the rainy season approaches. Then there's the middle bedroom/office closet that needs to be cleaned out and donations set aside and....Better get started before I use up the steroid dose pack and am left with "things to do and no energy with which to do them."

Seems like the only recurring theme I found is that I am working nearly every day. Can't help it. I am enjoying my job...basically working one-on-one with seniors in an alternative education setting helping them get finished with coursework so that they can graduate in May. Feel like I am making a difference and that makes it fun. Still, with all that, I have concurred that time is devilishly slipping by at an alarming rate and it's not all in my imagination.

That said,...

Happy Easter to all and to all a good night!

No comments: