Monday, April 5, 2010

Lights...Camera...Action

Today was opening day for the Texas Rangers. Traditionally my daughter, son-in-law and a large group of their friends arrive at the stadium about 9 a.m. and tailgate before and then after the game. They cook out, the play games, they drink beer...they have a good time.

Since Ron and I are the only ones who have ever kept the g'sons, we make a day of opening day as well...just in a different way. I got up at 5:15 this a.m. to drive to Plano so the grown kids could get on their way. Trenton went off with them and they dropped him off at school on the way. My task was to take care of Carter...feed him, dress him, play with him, and enjoy him. I also had to pick Trenton up at 2:45 when he got out of school and keep both boys until their parents returned home about 7 p.m. Today, Ronnie was SUPPOSED to have an appointment with his cardiologist. Don't know what the mix-up was but the doctor wasn't even in today and his appointment didn't get changed. Whatever. About 11:00 Ronnie showed up to bring us lunch and stay and play with the boys. That's where the fun began.

Carter took a two hour nap from 11:00 - 1:00 so when he got up he was in a terrific mood. He was all smiles and giggly and ready to play. His lunch, a Sonic grilled cheese and fries, by this time was two hours old...but he didn't care. While Carter ate and played with his food and his Popaw, I remembered my camera. Getting it from my purse I snapped a few dozen pictures of the boy eating. He must have gotten a bit put out with me because at one point I got "the brow."


After some face-smashing with the grilled cheese, I remembered that my little camera has a video mode so I just happened to turn it on and got the following...


I laughed so hard I nearly peed on myself. Carter was speaking Japanese and then this gigantic belch eminated from this tiny little body with no obvious effort. Of course, he didn't understand why we were laughing so he just stared at us. Every time I watch the video I giggle like a little girl. It's just funny.

After Bubba (Trenton) got home we took some pictures playing outside. As we walked home Trenton got a snow cone and made a couple of wishes on a dandelion. Popaw and Trenton played a little baseball, Trenton played with a rolly-polly, and Carter just played. All in all, it was a great day!

Trenton's Dandelion Wish...hope it comes true!


More Fun...




No comments: