Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Gonna Take an Ocean....of Calamine Lotion....

The lyrics to a 1970's song..."Poison Ivy." If I had known then what I know NOW...well, suffice it to say that I would NEVER have sang that song! Yes'm...I still have poison ivy. I went in last Saturday for a decadron shot. Decadron is a steroid. For some reason I can take that shot without any adverse affects whereas the prednisone pills turn me into the Incredible Hulk...a VERY ANGRY Incredible Hulk. I define 'roid rage when I am on prednisone. In addition to the uncontrollable anger, my blood pressure shoots off the scale and I no longer need the lowly human condition of sleep. My heart rate sets new staccato beats and I am literally beside myself.

Anywho...I went in for the shot and immediately began to feel better. Saturday and Sunday I was itch-free and my arms cleared up. My legs didn't itch and the pills for itching were doing their thing! Yea!! Then Sunday afternoon reared an ugly head and the itching began again...on the legs. By Monday, it was worse. By Tuesday I had a full blown re-emergence of PI on the legs. They itch like crazy. They burn. The pills no longer work and I claw like a crab trying to get back to the water. My stomach hurts from the pills I am taking and I have pretty much had a constant high, or at least dizziness, since the shot on Saturday morning. I called my doctor's office today and at this point...five hours later....I am waiting for a return call. Call me crazy if you will, but I am ready to take the stinkin' prednisone even with all the crazy side effects!

Consider this a warning. I may take those pills. You might want to steer clear of me for a while. I can already feel myself morphing into Ziva David...trained Moussad assassin! Don't know what it's gonna take, but I am going to eradicate and eliminate this Poison Ivy...even if it kills me..or you. Pray for us all.

No comments: