Thursday, April 22, 2010

Congratulations!

Would it be inappropriate to dance naked at a graduation ceremony??? I am pretty sure that I have stated before, maybe more than once, how much I love my job. I work one-on-one with seniors in an alternative setting to help them finish the courses they need for graduation in just a few short weeks. So far, I have helped Tony, Preston and Carmen graduate. Carmen is the latest success story. She "graduated" at 11:27 a.m. today. I am currently working with Taylor and tomorrow I pick up Whitney. Taylor needs to finish economics, take government and finish horticulture. We started economics on Monday and he will finish it tomorrow. Whitney needs economics, government and sociology. We start working on government tomorrow. I hope to be able to work with Taylor and Whitney simultaneously. Then she should be able to finish economics by May 1st and sociology by May 10th. Cool, huh?

When Carmen graduated today I had my camera ready to take our picture together. She had the sweetest card ready for me. She thanked me for taking an interest in her and for taking time to help her realize her dream. She has absolutely no idea that I get more out of this than what I put into it. I'm telling you, it is the perfect job. I consider it a fringe benefit to get paid for this...doing what I love.

So, congratulations Preston. Congratulations Tony. Congratulations Carmen. And congratulations to Taylor and Whitney for what I know they will accomplish in the next three weeks. Thank you for allowing me into your life. I am proud to be part of your success.

Oh, by the way, see you guys at graduation on May 28th. I'll be the one with the camera and the big silly grin!

Carol and Tony


Carol and Carmen

No comments: