Saturday, December 12, 2009

An unbelievable week.....

This has been, without a doubt, the most difficult week I have had in a long time. Don't know why, but it seems that everything just piled up on me.

I worked Monday in pain all day...and most of that in a room without heat so it was like 50 degrees and I was chilled to the bone. Thought I never would get warm! It took a hot bubble bath and a couple hours under a fleece blanket for me to feel human again. Tuesday was no better...in fact, it was worse.

I got off work a little early on Tuesday because I had an appointment with the orthopedic doctor. On the way to my appointment I was rear-ended by another driver. No real damage to my car and neither of us was hurt. His car took a beating. Caved in a large section of his hood where it hit my spare tire. My tire cover got a tiny cut. He offered to pay me for the "damage" but I turned him down. He was driving a company car for a new chocolate candy company in Rockwall. Had he offered to pay me in chocolate I might have taken him up on it! On to the doctor I had to wait 90 minutes past my appointment to see the doctor because he had been called in on an emergency and was backed up. Then when I did see him I didn't like what he had to say..."stay off the foot completely for four more weeks." That means crutches and I HATE CRUTCHES!!! I left in tears. A quick dinner with hubby, Ryan, Richard and JC and then home to find out that I couldn't see my grandson in his parade on Saturday and he wouldn't get to spend the night with us on the weekend because he had gotten in trouble at school. So, I cried again. I'm punished because we are "fun" and he is grounded from fun when he is in trouble. :-(

Working on Wednesday was a beating because I tried really hard to use the crutches correctly and stay off the foot. My arms and wrists are so sore I can barely stand it!

Thursday I didn't work. Instead, I took Ryan and Rich out to the Arboretum and Northpark to take pictures for their Christmas card. The decorations at both places sucked! There were NO Christmas decorations at the Arboretum and Northpark had only lighted trees and a few poinsettias. Disappointment all the way around.

I took a job on Friday as a sub for elementary orchestra. Little did I know that I would have to travel to two schools because she is a floating teacher. The good part is that I only had to cover three of her classes. So, I can't really complain about that. I did come home tired however, and immediately fell asleep on the couch for a two hour nap.

I had just awakened and learned that my son had been stranded on the side of 635 with a blowout, but was now safely at home, when my phone rang. A strange number and a strangers voice said, "Is this Carol? I'm going to put your dad on the phone." Panic poured through me as I became aware of background noises and my dad's shaky voice came on and said, "Sis, I've torn up my little truck. I rear-ended a woman on 460. Horns are going off and the police are on their way." Ronnie and I rushed out to the car and raced to his side. He was so rattled he didn't know who had called me or how they had gotten my number. Physically he is fine, but his truck is a total loss. The hummer he hit had minimal damage but being the kind of car it is, I'm sure his insurance will pay a hefty sum to fix it.



Today, my dad and I went to get his "stuff" out of his car at the wrecking yard. A sad little truck sitting broken and shattered in the rain. Daddy had trouble looking at it and I had trouble watching him hurt. Afterwards, we picked up my desktop which is now fixed (yea!) and finished my Christmas shopping...all except the stockings. So, emotionally it has been a roller coaster this week. I'm just glad that it's over!

Wonder what next week holds in store....?

No comments: