Thursday, December 17, 2009

Worries....

I must admit...I am worried. Yesterday, I lost my balance and fell back on my left foot. Ordinarily...not a problem. But, since I am in a fracture boot and am supposed to keep all weight off my foot for four more weeks...this kinda presents a problem. Ever since that little incident my foot has been "burning." It's a really strange sensation where my toes feel like there is an electrical current attached to them. I'm thinking that is not a good thing. Especially since when I went to the orthopedist after experiencing this same sensation for a couple of weeks he told me that a couple more bones had fractured. I'm really hoping to be out of this fracture boot when I return to Dr. Burney on Jan. 5th. We have a cruise to the Honduras and Costa Maya planned that begins on Jan. 23rd. It's hard to snorkel in a fracture boot. It's also hard to do all that walking. I'm getting the distinct feeling that my foot is continuing to degrade rather than heal and I will be in this stinkin' boot, or worse, by the time the cruise rolls around. After Dec. 18th I won't be working for 2 1/2 weeks so maybe I can stay off my foot more and give it a chance to heal. Who knows? As of now...I am officially worried.

No comments: