Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas to All...

This Christmas has been significantly different than Christmases past. For one thing, it has been less stressful in terms of shopping. The ideas just came to me this year and I made my purchases. I am finished with all shopping except stockings and almost everything for Carter. I really need Kristin to go with me to buy for him. I don't want to duplicate...

This holiday season I have my dad with me. That's different...and nice. I don't know how many more Christmases I will have him so I purpose to enjoy every one that I do have.

Ronnie and I are both "retired" this Christmas, though he is the only one not working. I don't have the stress of work piling up on me to worry about. Also, the McMahen Christmas Eve isn't at my house this year so that makes it extra nice.

Most of all, I have had time to enjoy the season, listen to my Christmas music, watch the lights on the tree, and work in an occasional Christmas program. That is probably the biggest difference. I have made a deliberate effort to enjoy the Christmas holidays and remember the reason that I choose to participate in this celebration of the birth of my Savior.

My prayer for all families this holiday season is that you make a deliberate effort to reconnect with the reason for the season and take time from the hustle and bustle to celebrate the holy birthday of Christ. May you find the peace and joy of the season and have a delightful time celebrating with your loved ones.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

No comments: