Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Sequel...

Just a short update on my last post:

Daddy seems to be doing better. Answer to prayers.

I have lost 10lbs. on my diet and have not cheated once until today (more on that later).

I love my new iphone! My Facebook posts have increased dramatically!!

Now, as to the cheat...a friend and I are seriously exploring the feasibility of opening a winery in Rockwall. We have visited with several winery owners/operators. We have taken field trips to wine shops. We have done internet research and we have even met with one banker who referred us to another bank that provides small business loans. We are serious about this. Today, Brandy and I took a road trip to Houchatown, Oklahoma (yes, that's a real place) near Beaver's Bend State Resort. There is a winery there called "Girls Gone Wine." It was started by three women who had no business experience but who wanted to open a winery. One of the owners, Michelle, sat with us for over two hours and let us pick her brain. She took us on a tour of the production facility next door and answered every question we could think to ask and many that we didn't. She was fabulous and is willing to work with us in a consulting/mentor mode. Yea!!! They have been in business four years and have already had to expand their business. The cheat part comes in where we participated in the wine tasting (tiny sips) and drank one full glass of wine. I will simply cut carbs somewhere else and be extra careful for the next few days.

On a totally non-related note, my sleep study revealed nothing that I didn't already know...I have Restless Leg Syndrome (I already take medicine for that and my doctor upped the dosage). My blood work is okay except watching that lupus titer. And...I may be able to take the boot off next week if my foot has healed enough when I go in.

School starts on Monday so I am about to be really busy again. It's a kind of busy that I enjoy. Oh yeah, and I hear that we are in for a cold front. It's only supposed to be in the mid-90's next week!::shrug::

Ron and I had our pictures made with the grandsons (Kristin's suggestion). We buy a coupon for a free 10x13 portrait each year to support the McLendon-Chisholm Fire Department. We usually give the coupon to Kristin for the boys or for their family, etc. This time she suggested that we have OUR picture made with the boys. Now why didn't I think of that???


I only wanted the group shot...until I saw the rest.

My Favorite Little Buddies...


Trenton Dayne


Carter Michael

Am I not just the luckiest Nana in the world???!!!

That's about it for now...I will keep you updated!

No comments: