Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Jumble of Thoughts...

I had a doctor's appointment recently. I had a couple of issues...tired all the time...can't seem to lose weight...and my foot hurt. So I went for a "short" appointment and over two hours later I left his office. I had to have more blood work done and there is one test that I have to watch...a lupus titer. Not that I have lupus...just the possible propensity to contract it. My blood pressure was high...first time since I was pregnant 20+ years ago. I had to have another sleep study and am awaiting those results and my right foot has a fracture so I am back in the boot until the end of August. No idea how I broke the foot...unless it was those "cute little flip flops" that had absolutely no sole and no arch support.::sheepish grin::

Upon leaving the doctor's office I met my SIL for a "little shopping." After I put my boot on we headed out and were gone until nearly 10:00 p.m. trying to find those Skeechers shape up shoes for ourselves and hubbies. Found 'em, but had to go to Rockwall, Forney, Greenville and Athens to get them all! As if that wasn't enough, we went to Canton the next day to shop for Yellow Box sandals. Found out that Yellow Box split and another company opened called "Grazie." I found the exact shoes that I wanted in bronze and white!! And Grazie is actually more comfortable and cheaper than Yellow Box!! :-))) While in Canton I was persuaded to purchase a couple of the long shirts with capri leggings. I had always thought, "I'm too old for that style." However, there were older than me wearing them and, to be honest, I LOVE them. They are so stylish and comfortable!!

Daddy had day surgery to repair a pinched nerve in his elbow. It went well but he requires more assistance since he is "the one-armed man." I am concerned about how quickly he seems to be going downhill. He is having difficulty getting out of a chair and it takes him a minute or so to get his legs under him. He is very unsteady when he first stands up. He is afraid, now, to be left alone. When Ron and I left for church tonight he asked that I leave him the neighbor's phone number in case he fell. He knows that he wouldn't be able to get up without help. It's sad but he keeps plugging along. He has booked a cruise for himself and his girlfriend to the Bahamas at the end of January. I hope he has the strength to go. I think it will be his last.

On a brighter note, my SIL and I took a friend out for lunch at D'Vine Wine. I guess we had a good time. Between the three of us we drank 4 bottles of wine!! Sounds like a good time to me::snicker::

We are quickly approaching the start of school again and with that it seems that I have something happening every day. Ron and I are going to get away for a very short couple of nights to a cabin in Lake Palestine. We aren't taking anyone with us this time. Just the two of us sleeping in, swimming, laying in the sun, reading, and relaxing. After that I need to meet with a banker to discuss financing for a business that I am interested in starting. I also need to get my tatoo touched up.:-)

I hesitate to report it, but I have started a medically supervised diet. I don't want to report it because I don't want to fail...again. But, I think the accountability will help me. In the first two days I lost 4lbs. I was encouraged and I refuse to cheat. So, maybe....

Well, I'm thinking that I have rambled enough. I must get back to playing blackjack on my new iphone!

No comments: