Monday, September 6, 2010

One Giant Leap for Womankind...

Well, the word is out. I guess the understatement is that I can't keep an exciting secret to well. I keep secrets that others tell me. I just can't keep my own!

For those that haven't already heard, I am in the process of opening a winery in Rockwall with a business partner. My partner chooses to remain anonymous at this time since she is afraid that association with this endeavor will jeopardize her current employment.

The exciting part is that we have rented a sight.

The dull and boring part is that we are in the process of writing a business plan, applying for a loan, applying for federal and state permits, etc. The mundane of opening a business. We are incredibly excited and believe that this business is going to be a hit...located in The Harbor.

I am blogging our progress. I am just not ready to publish that blog yet.

FYI:
*We have someone who will stain our concrete floors.
*We have someone working on the logo.
*We have someone who will install our sound system.
*We have located all the equipment that we will need except the beer tap
*We still need someone who can construct the bar area but we have made contacts in that area.
*We have researched and located all the merchandise we will carry.
*We will make our own wine!
*You will be able to batch your own wine for special occasions!
*We have a marketing manager.
*We have a winemaster to make the wine.
*We hope to be open on or before Feb. 1, 2011

Now, you're up to date. As soon as I can, I will make the blog public.

No comments: