Monday, March 15, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

In my last post did I really say, "Woohoo for Spring Break?" I must seriously reconsider my position on that. Today...Monday...the first day of Spring Break! Went to the dentist and left with squeaky clean teeth that look shades lighter just from cleaning!! So far...so good. Then I got the brilliant idea that it was a beautiful day so we should do some yard work. Operative word being "some." Ronnie had trimmed all the trees around the house on Sunday and just left the branches where they fell. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided that we needed to drag all that down to the burn pile. Not ridiculously difficult, but no, I couldn't stop there. We have had some trees down at the back of our property line that I have always been scared of. They are seriously overgrown and once they start blooming you can't see what is in there. I am certain it is a haven for snakes. Ronnie has actually seen a snake about 5 feet long down there. But until they start blooming, they are just a bunch a scraggly branches with giant thorns on them (Hackberry trees). I took the pole lopper and began work thinning them out. When I got tired, I got the reciprocal saw and continued. I got almost 1/3 of the area cleared out. Ronnie came to help after he couldn't get the burn pile to light. We worked until the battery ran out on the reciprocal saw. It felt really good to get that much accomplished...until I sat down to rest. I immediately fell asleep on the sofa for over two hours and woke up to pains in my shoulders, my elbows and my hips. After a hot bath, I am still soooo tired and ready for bed. Not sure that I can pull that off at 7:30 though.

Tomorrow and Wednesday should be easier. Tomorrow I'm going with Kristin and the boys to take pictures at the Arboretum. Wednesday we are taking a day trip to Shreveport to play a little on the slot machines. Then Thursday and Friday...I know I'm just begging for punishment, but I will probably go back down there and tackle those trees again. I am so encouraged by how good the area I got done looks. But there is still sooooooo much more to do! What the heck, I can rest after Spring Break!

No comments: