Monday, May 16, 2011

The Painted Desert & Petrified Forest...

Today began the fun part of our trip. Previously I mentioned that while I love to travel, I don't enjoy the "getting there" portion of traveling. Today we actually got to get out of the car for a while and take a tour (and lots of pictures) of the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest. It was beautiful. The only problem was the gale force winds blowing through the area. I am not kidding, I could pull both feet up on my wheelie and the wind would blow me slowly through the parking lot. As you can see in one of the pictures, the wind was blowing so hard it makes us all look bald!

We spent last night in Albuquerque and drove through to Williams, Arizona, today. This scenic tour was on the way. I have only posted a few of the 244 pictures I took today!

L to R: Virgil Glen McMahen, Carlene McMahen, Carol McMahen and Ron McMahen


My personal message from God: No matter how rocky you find life's circumstances (like two injured feet and a lack of mobility) you can choose to thrive in your circumstances.


Sisters by marriage Carlene McMahen and Carol McMahen


A portion of a petrified tree formed when the area flooded and minerals coated all the trees and then petrified.


Ron on an outcropping


Virgil Glen


Painted Dessert




No comments: