Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Name Doesn't Do It Justice...

Today we went to the Grand Canyon. Trust me, the name doesn't do it justice. Neither do the photos but they are the best replication that I can provide. I had never been to the Grand Canyon. My husband and son had visited it a few years ago when they participated in a mission trip to the Navajo Indian reservation. I heard their descriptions and saw their photos and still I was breathless when I first laid eyes on the canyon. It is breathtaking. Magnificent. Majestic. Evidence of the hand of God. Truly one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I can't possible overrate it. If you have not had the opportunity or the desire to visit the Grand Canyon I beg you to put it on your bucket list. I am acrophobic...deathly afraid of heights and after the first 30 seconds I couldn't get enough. Lose your excuses and "just do it."

Hopefully the following photos will give you some small glimmer of the magnificence of this site. Descriptions will appear where warranted.




With me are my husband, Ron, and my sister-in-law, Carlene







Ran into a coyote in the gift shop...My hubby thought it was funny to grab him and make him dart in front of my motorized scooter. I admit it...I snapped!!

Apparently my new best friend...I will call her Rascal


At this point I must reiterate that I am deathly afraid of heights. The jerks that were with me thought it was funny to pull stunts that caused my breath to catch and or my heart to stop. Look at the photos. On one particular occasion I was looking away and when I turned and saw what was happening I literally let out a little yelp...causing strangers around me to giggle. I rest my case as to the "jerkiness" of my traveling companions.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

As always...I am in awe of your adventurist (is that a word ?) spirit, your photography, and your descriptive writing. You have such a love of life and I always enjoy hearing what you have going on. Talk to you when you get back.
Prissy