Monday, September 12, 2011

Do as I say...not as I do!

For a long time...like ever since I became an adult...I have bitched about people who jump start the holidays. We both know them. Those people who put their Christmas tree up before we even celebrate Thanksgiving. I believe that each holiday deserves its own season in the sun, so to speak. I have never...repeat, NEVER, put out my holiday decorations early...

So I must now hang my head in shame (though there is still a smile on my face) as I confess to you that I put out my holiday decorations yesterday...on September 11th! What? No, not my CHRISTMAS decorations...my HALLOWEEN decorations. I was inspired to do so by my daughter, by a website with cool decorations on it, and by the hope that if it looked like Halloween then maybe we would get Halloweenish weather.

While I am nowhere near through decorating, I did get a good start (particularly in the wine room).

Liver specimen

Heart specimen

Eyes and Brain Specimens

"Lab" Counter

Witch's Brew

Grim Reaper

Spider

Wino Spider

Bathroom Attendant

Halloween Wine

Lanterns

Halloween Flag

Tombstone

Snake Wreath

Menu

Kitchen Bar

Rats coming from floor

Unfinished Kitchen Table

Stalker

Cauldron (Is this where I cook up my brew?)

Landscape Lights

"Hanging Basket"


Welcome to my parlor...

Miscellaneous Halloween Decor



Okay...it won't make HGTV and I will NEVER have my own show, but it's fun and I like it.

I still need to label my Halloween wine: Nightmare. I need to finish the mantle in the living room. I need to finish the tablescape in the dining area. I need to...So much to do and only seven weeks in which to get it done!!

No comments: