Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This year, rather than try to take a trip somewhere, we stayed home for Spring Break and helped Kristin and Scott by keeping the boys. The didn't have child care for Trenton and would have had to take off work. No big sacrifice on our part. We LOVE keeping the boys.

On the first Sunday Ron and I took a quick trip to Winstar. I feel very lucky...came home with money. Not a winner...but didn't lose everything that I took. Yea me! On the way back from Oklahoma we stopped off at the Durbin casa and picked up the boys. By the time we got home it was bedtime for the boys.

On Monday morning we got up and had cereal for breakfast. I tried to alternate breakfast each morning, but lunch was a given each day...PB&J! Carter and I had a day of play and fun...Yo Gabba Gabba and Nick Jr. We played indoors since it turned out cool that day. Trenton went with Popaw to take Grandpa Harry to the doctor and pick out paint for the fort.


Tuesday was a different story. When I went in to check on Carter, I found him sound asleep with his nose buried in his Rocket toy and his naked butt shining for all the world to see. Too funny!


Once he got up we ate, played, colored, watched TV, etc. Popaw and Trenton worked on painting the fort while Carter played on the swings and with the dogs.



Wednesday found me at home with the boys while Popaw took Grandpa Harry back to the doctor for a checkup on his recent eye surgery. The boys pretty much entertained themselves that day and I was able to get lots done in terms of cleaning house, laundry, etc. I was also able to get all the cabinets and drawers in the wine room cleaned out while Carter was taking a nap. Big accomplishment. Wednesday evening we met Uncle Ryan at El Chico for dinner and Carter was actually friendly to Uncle Ryan. When Uncle Ryan gave him a hug he actually smiled. This is a running gag with our family in that Carter has his hierarchy of relationships. He ADORES Popaw, tolerates me most of the time, and scowls at Uncle Ryan. But Wednesday evening was different.

Thursday and Friday Popaw was tied up all all day with a softball tournament. The boys and I used that time to draw pictures, color, play, watch TV and generally just have a good time with each other. Thursday being St. Patrick's Day, we had green polka dot pancakes for breakfast, green peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and green chocolate milk for lunch, and a full on St. Patty's party with hats, blinking pins, and glow necklaces at dinner. Popaw grilled burgers and we had special cookies for dessert.







On Friday I got out some canvases I had purchased to let the boys each paint a picture for Mommy for her upcoming birthday day. Carter didn't get it at first, but once he did he would grab a new paintbrush, put some paint on it, dab it at the canvas, put it in water and grab another new paintbrush. Trenton divided his canvas into quarters and painted four Ben-10 characters for mommy. Needless to say, when she arrived to pick the boys up she was pleased with their presents.



Once the boys left with Mommy, Nana sat down in her recliner and fell fast asleep. I love having my boys, but I certainly understand why God gives you children when you are young!

No comments: