Monday, September 27, 2010

Stupid Is as Stupid Does...

It's no secret that I have the fifth broken bone in a foot in the last 10 months. In November, 2009, I broke the 3rd and 4th metatarsals in my left foot. Then in April I broke the fifth metatarsal in my right foot. Thirty six hours after getting out of the fracture boot I broke the second metatarsal in my right foot. While in the soft cast I broke the fourth metatarsal in the right foot. So, with all that you'd think I would take it easy, right? Right? Not so much. Yesterday I went to the fair with hubby and the big boys. We spent seven hours walking around the midway, through the new car and exhibition buildings and just generally enjoying the beautiful Sunday afternoon State Fair atmosphere. Toward the end of the day my foot was "complaining." During the night I was awakened numerous times with throbbing in my foot. Today, I couldn't even go to work. My foot is too sore to even stand on. It is swelling so badly I may have to cut the soft cast off just to get circulation going. It burns like a fire inside my foot.

I get it. I deserve this. I should have known better and should have taken better care of me. But, in my defense, the lure of the Fair...the beautiful day...the opportunity to spend time with my boys...it was an offer I couldn't refuse. Now, when my SIL calls and says, "Hey, ya'll want to go to the Fair with us?" I wonder how I will respond???

No comments: