Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010...

Last night was the most fun I have had on New Year's Eve in several years. No big "partying." Just good time with friends.

Our usual Thursday night dinner out included the two of us, Glen and Carlene, Tammy and Tony, Daddy and Tony's daughter, Ashley. We went to BJ's at Town East Mall. It's a new restaurant that is a type of microbrewery. It was new and clean and cool. The salsa there is awesome! I would buy it by the bottle if they sold it that way. The food was great and WAY more than we could eat. Jovi, our rotti, was thrilled that we went to eat there. She was the delighted recipient of beer-battered fish and fries. Yum!

After dinner, Tammy and Tony came back to the house. We watched ::shudder:: part of the Three Stooges marathon. I know. Tony and Ronnie. Enough said. After that Tony and Tammy made Mii characters and we started playing Wii. Wow, Tammy, can you spell "competitive?" J/K. It was all in fun and we bowled, played tennis, played shuffleboard, played ski ball, fished and finished the night off with cow races. I love cow races! Laughed my butt off. Tony was frustrated and I suspect that on his way home he stopped off at WalMart to buy a Wii so that he could go home and practice. For my part, I bowled a record high 224 with four strikes in a row and no open frames!

Midnight found us celebrating the new year with mimosas. Tammy had never had one before and was quite impressed. We snacked on cheesecake, apple pie, chocolate chip cookies, chips and queso and popcorn trash accompanied by soft drinks. Daddy called it a night just after 12:30 and at 3:30 Tony decided that it was WAY past his bedtime so he headed out. Tammy was spending the night. I took a quick 5 minutes to clean up the kitchen and put the food away and then off to bed at 4:00 a.m. It has been a long time since I have been up that late on purpose. Needless to say, it wasn't an early morning for us. I got up about 10:15, which I thought was pretty good. By 12:30 I was ready and took a 2 hour nap. Chloe, our kitty...or should I say, MY kitty...thought all this was stuff and nonsense and she tried to sleep her way through all of it.

Not a bad start to the new year. Tomorrow we have a Stars game and then it's back to normal life next week...you know, work and stuff. As for me, not making any resolutions this year. I have grown to think that whole scene is somewhat ridiculous. There's nothing magic about a desire expressed on January 1. Whatever. If I made any resolutions they would be the same ones I had last year that I didn't live up to, so what's the point? No resolutions = no guilt!

I do hope to be more current and informative with my blog posts. That's not a resolution...just a hope.

My other hope, that all will find joy, peace and health in 2010! God bless you all!!

No comments: