Thursday, June 26, 2008

That Damned Pool!

Okay! I have had it! I am not going to spend my entire retirement (which translates to "the rest of my life") working on "that damned pool." I'm just not. Really...what is so terribly difficult about getting your pool water clean and clear and ready for swimming? Obviously I don't have the answer to that question. We, Ron and I, have been working on our pool since APRIL. It is now June 26th and the water still looks slightly better than Lake Ray Hubbard....only slightly better. Yesterday, in my wit and wisdom, I went to a local pool retailer with a water sample and a credit card. After having the water sample tested and speaking with the cute little guy who works there, I left with $248 in chemicals and assurances that I would be busy all day the next day vacuuming the pool because the chemicals would work their magic and our water would be crystal clear and ready to enjoy. After 38 lbs. of chlorine shock the water is lighter green than the day before. It is nowhere near crystal. As for swimming...I'm not getting in that water! There could be spiders, snakes, turtles, frogs, the undead....God only knows what is in that water at the bottom of the pool. I can assure you of this....if that water doesn't clear up soon I'm going to hit the drain button and let it all pour out...and start over with fresh water from the tap. Now, don't go "GREEN" on me. I know that we are supposed to be saving water and recycling and I'm all for that. I'm also for eating, paying my bills and living a normal life.....which I haven't done since "that damned pool" turned green!

No comments: