Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it...warm up!

Seriously! Enough already! It's almost Valentine's Day and we have snow on the ground...again. No offense intended. I think it can be beautiful, but I'm tired of it. We've already had more snow in the last two years than we did in most of my entire childhood. It just doesn't snow in Texas! At least it didn't...until now...maybe there is something to this global warming thing. But then, wouldn't that mean it would be getting warmer...not snowing? I don't know...gives me tiredhead. I just know this snow is costing me serious money. No work, no pay. The only good thing is I've been able to watch NCIS almost non-stop.

On a totally unrelated note, I got the paperwork from my attorney and am fairly close to filing for my federal and state permits to open my winery for online sales. Can hardly wait to place my order for all the equipment and get the room set up for production! Till then I continue brewing small batches. I have a black raspberry merlot that will be ready to bottle in two weeks and an apple reisling that is about 5 days behind that. Yummy!

Coming up on Valentine's Day. Somehow that's not as big a deal as it used to be. We are going out to eat at Victory Park and then on to the Stars game on Sunday the 13th.

We are having Game Night at the house on Saturday. Scott has already had his birthday and Kristin's is coming up in March. We're going to combine the celebration at the halfway point and give them cash. They are going to Vegas at the end of the month and we're just going to give them play money. Maybe they'll come home rich!!

Looks like it's going to be a very busy weekend! Well, that fire in the fireplace isn't going to tend to itself so I've gotta run! Stay warm, all!

No comments: