Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When you wish upon a star....

Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it. All my life I have been "blessed" with naturally curly hair. At the time I entered my teenage years the "in" thing was long, straight, silky hair. I had to work like a demon to get that look. Washing, sitting under a bonnet style hair dryer, and ironing my hair, literally, with an iron and ironing board, helped me approach the look. Throughout my life I have had to beat my hair into submission. Within the last year I gave up the fight and went for the curly look. When I got tired of it I would cut it short. My hair isn't curly when it's really short. I decided to let my hair grow out this last year. About six weeks ago I got it trimmed and decided to add the layers and bangs back into my style. Looked great for about a week. Then...HUMIDITY strikes. The heat wave moved in and the humidity came barreling in like gangbusters. With it my hair developed a life of its own. I began to look like a walking brillo pad...bushy hair springing out in all directions. Enough of that crap! I decided to straighten my hair...not with a flat iron. I mean REALLY straighten it...with a chemical straightener. For the first couple of days I couldn't stop touching my hair...it is sooooo silky and soooo soft. AND SOOOO STRAIGHT!!! My hair cut, which could best have been described as "shaggy," was desperately in need of a trim. Got that tonight. Now all I have to be concerned about is the fact that my hair is sooo straight that it looks like it's painted on my head...not the most attractive look. No, I will NOT post a picture. I think I will wash it tomorrow morning and let it dry naturally...see if that puts some "oomph" in the do.

No comments: