Monday, January 7, 2013

Wish List...

Here we are over a week into 2013 and all I can think is....where is the time flying off to? Seriously! It seems as if I just decorated the Christmas tree and already we have celebrated the New Year and all the Christmas decor is packed away waiting to be brought out again next year. And I'm guessing that will be here before we know it as well! Speaking of new years jumping out at us....I made a resolution this year that I will no longer make resolutions. What's the point really? I don't ever keep them so why set myself up for failure. So I resolve to no longer resolve! I am, however, "evaluating" myself and my life. I am looking at where I am and where I want to be. That said, I am creating a very fluid wish list...for lack of a better title. It is by no means comprehensive...a work in progress. Therefore, I can update and/or change it at will. Without further ado, here is what I wish for me in 2013: I wish to work less and play more. I wish to begin new traditions that my family will continue long after I have exited this mortal existence. I wish to be more accepting and less judgmental. I wish to laugh at least once every day. I wish to accept the fact that worrying accomplishes nothing and therefore quit worrying. I wish to pray more and complain less. I wish to be more "me" and less of what people expect me to be. I wish that those I love will know, beyond all doubt, how very much I love them. I wish that my actions will speak volumes as to who I am. I wish, that at the end of the day, I may lay my head on my pillow and be content with how I have lived my life that day. I wish that I will learn to value myself and take better care of my health. I wish that people will know what is important to me by seeing how i spend my time. In short, I wish for a "new and improved" me...one that even I am more comfortable with. So, good luck to me...and to you, as well...whatever you "resolve" to do in this new year.

No comments: