Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blasting toward a new year...

I can't believe that 2012 is rushing headlong to a conclusion...and so much is happening seemingly all at one time. Since last I posted we had Halloween...a quite night as usual. No one comes out to our world to trick or treat. Apparently not enough houses. Whatever. It was nice to sit at home and enjoy dinner and television but I kinda miss the whole Halloween thing of passing out candy and seeing all the cute costumes. November, thus far, has proven to be quite busy...with no end to the busyness in sight. November 1st I spent the day at Veteran's Hospital with my dad. He finally had the surgery to implant his pacemaker. Actually, most of that time I spent visiting with my Uncle Ed. Daddy was in surgery for two and a half hours so that gave me and Uncle Ed, and my cousin Barbara who dropped by, plenty of time to visit, tell tales, laugh and generally have a good time. Daddy was alert when he went in to surgery and alert when he came out. Seems they used something called conscious sedation. It doesn't knock you out. Daddy actually watched the surgery and interacted with the doctor when needing to. The following day, November 2, I went to Winstar with my son, son-in-law and his sister and boyfriend. Ryan, Yola and Juan went to gamble. They did. Rich and I went to see Olivia Newton John in concert. She was great. I came back home, worked a bit, watched election returns etc. The routine stuff. I had a routine check-up at the doctor's office. Praised for weight loss and blood sugar being down some. Good check-up at the dental office. Love my hygenist. She keeps me laughing with her weird sense of humor. My youngest grandson celebrated his 4th birthday and we attended his party at Bounce U. Great venue and great time!! My birthday on the 15th...no celebration at Bounce U though (LOL!). Actually, my celebration is forthcoming...dinner at Margarita Ranch and tickets to the Gaylord "Merry Madagascar" ice show with my whole family. Attended a baby shower today "opportunities" for December 1st!!! I think I really should consider cloning as an option... ~Cheers!

No comments: