Friday, June 10, 2011

My new beau...make that Beau...

It occurred to me today that I have not given any information on the newest and youngest man in my life...Beau.

Beau is my Yorkie pup...my anniversary gift...my delight. I was already injured and tied to the house when I began my search for my puppy. Ronnie had told me, "You find it, I'll buy it for you." With nothing else to do, I began searching. I found Beau on Craigslist and he was right down the road in Forney. On speaking with his owner at the time, I found that she had gotten him from a neighbor's litter and had him about six weeks. The entire time her 2 year old son was sick. Verdict...he was allergic to dog dander and she had to get rid of "Romeo." Her loss...my gain. She agreed to a price and told me that due to my injury she would bring the puppy to me...along with his crate, his toys, his food, his collar, etc.

It was love at first sight. The seller walked in with Beau and I was immediately in love. What a precious little guy. He has brought me so much joy and companionship in the last few weeks. He can also be a pain in the posterior. He is in the puppy biting phase, he attacks the vacuum cleaner, he dumps his toys all over the floor, he has chewed on one of my new Yellow Box sandals, he has chewed up the lanyard on my flash drive, he has chewed up a pencil....you get the picture. It also takes some arranging when we are going on a trip. My daughter, Kristin, puppysat for us for our trip to Arizona and Vegas. She is going to puppysit again while we take her oldest to Disney World next week. When Beau is a bit older I may feel comfortable boarding him but until then, his older "sister" gets to keep him. Even with the extra considerations and "issues," I am thrilled to have Beau. He is a sweet puppy and I love him fanatically.

Who couldn't love this little guy?

Sadness after the kitty was ugly to him


Riding in the car before the puppy carseat


Helping Nana's hurt foot feel better


Who, me? Not me! I didn't do it...probably...maybe...okay, I did it!

No comments: